Tuesday, April 6, 2021

I got fooled

 Yesterday, I lifted off from my chair in bedroom, upstairs. I live on a steep ridge line, half way up a steep hill. I overlook the town of Anacortes,Wa. A silver and grey bird was pumping rapidly and    had a long tail and was very chunky. And went down onto a telephone pole. This area is near two large feeder stations. I have never observed a NG perched in this area. I was sure the bird was a NG and mature and male. I grabbed camera and walked near the area. The vocals of the bird were of a EC. Dove. More than once I have been fooled (initially) by this species, usually on take off or landing. On reflecting from the bedroom window, as the bird came close to the house and was pumping rapidly, the bird was also tilted, and tilted for too long of a period of time. I should have known better, than to call it an accipiter. NB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment