Friday, December 6, 2019

About this blog

This blog is about me and my goshawks. It is not about what you have not observed. That snide comment was aimed at my detractors. Some of you may refer to me as a — country a.. hole from the hills of Pennsylvania. That is ok, it doesn’t bother me. And I call them mountains not hills.

I am a real person, not an ornithologist, not a biologist. I am not an educated person. I will bet my detractors are howling. I am not much of a birder. I seldom go to birding hot spots. I... will seldom now carry binoculars but will often carry a camera... always have binos on the car door... am not a photographer and do not have an expensive camera, never will. Will not walk in weeds or tall grass, I am not stupid. Do not have a mentor, never will.

This website is of the raptors of Puget Sound (PS) and the same type of raptors in the East. Except in the East there are five or more species you will probably never observe in PS. The site will not refer to raptors in migration, as I do not live near a major migration route. It is about raptors on their nesting, hatching site and where they migrate, even if they migrate just ten miles.There will be few photos on this blog and they will be only mine. I will not analyze my photos for you. I will not analyze your photos for you. Much more on this subject on another posting.

I will alert you toward all my strategies and tactics. Beware, I do not wish to string you out or to aggravate. Therefore, at the very beginning of the website, I will advance some information that will bother you. I am putting this information at the beginning so that you can drop this sight effortlessly, rather than struggle through until the end. You will need an open mind to understand this blog. I am of the opinion that many advanced birders will not appreciate this blog. Nearly everything in this blog will connect with other things in this blog. This blog is about hawk watching. It is not about birding for hawks.

No comments:

Post a Comment