Monday, January 6, 2020

Tail-less

In October, 2019, I observed six crows in flight. Observed through the sliding glass doors. One of the crows had no tail. This crow was flying in a normal manner.

In Tucson, I was hawking from the South Kolb Road overpass. There was an accipiter cutting across the desert scrub, heading somewhat toward me, but more to the broadside at about 100 feet altitude, heading into the Voyager RV Resort, which contains hundreds of palm trees, many of them very tall. This goshawk had no tail. Yet, it was flying normally.

The take away; you do not need color, pattern, or field marks (or a tail), to identify accipiters. The same can be said toward many other raptors. You can use size, shape, proportions, and wing movements to identify many raptors. NB.

The thought: I have watched very little football, over the many years. I was of the opinion that Russell Wilson was such a lucky player. Now, I realize he is a great player and quarterback. Russell Will! NB.

No comments:

Post a Comment