Saturday, December 19, 2020

My mis- information

 Sorry for the delay of the photograph of the previous post. The two of us has finally learned how to insert a photo from my wi- fi camera into my blog. Also, I mis- remembered what William Clark has written and what Brian Wheeler has painted. They say and show a perched goshawk with a tapered or wedge shaped tail. The tail looks like a dagger. The tail tip is pointed- sharply.

Now, will you see this condition often? No. And probably mainly in winter.

I submitted to Tweeters, the ABA listserve for Washington, about the sighting at the airport, and said I will send a report the WOS — Washington Ornithological Society. I will not sent a report, because the photo does not nail the species as Goshawk. The only time I will submit a Scientific Report is when I have a detailed photograph.

Here is what might have happened concerning the sighting. The raptor was at 75- 100 feet altitude to my right front. The bird flapped about 10 times and crossed my front. Then the raptor when over the thin tree line. This was about 100 yards to my front. When I approached this area and found a hole in the tree line, there was a perched accipiter, away from the tree line. Two single photos were snapped at the lens at two thousand mm. Does the photo nail the species. I say NO. To be continued on the next posting. NB.


No comments:

Post a Comment