Thursday, September 17, 2020

A Tactic

 I will be spending more time at Skagit Regional Airport, which is nine miles away, to hawk for Goshawks. NG are not rare in this area. Generally, I mostly go there on Sunday. Usually there are one- hundred or more logging trucks in this area through Saturday, daily! The parking lot is at the intersection of Ovenell Road and Higgins Airport Way. I will walk the road to the highway, and concentrate on the sky, yet well aware of the logging trucks. Then, I will go to a more peaceful area, about two miles away on 536 WSU at Mount Vernon, Research and EXT. The time spent at the airport over many years has not amounted to many visits. Usually four visits per year and very seldom in summer. But, with enough sightings of NG, that I will ask myself again, Where are these NG coming from?NB.

No comments:

Post a Comment