Sunday, April 22, 2018

An interesting question

When I first arrived in Williamsport, PA is that when the goshawks first arrived? It is possible but not likely.
When I first arrived in Coastal Bend Texas, Rockport, is that when the goshawks first arrived? It is possible but not likely.
When I first arrived in Tucson, is that when the goshawks first arrived? It is possible but not likely.
When I first arrived in San Diego, is that when the goshawks first arrived? It is possible but not likely.
When I arrived in Anacortes and Deception Pass, is that when the goshawks first arrived? It is possible but not likely.

I resided in northern Hunterdon County, New Jersey for 25 years, was that when the goshawks first arrived?
Certainly not! It was not until the early 1990’s that there was a goshawk invasion into northern Hunterdon County. This is about 19 years after I arrived.

Now I have a better question. Forget about me. When the Cooper’s hawks started to invade the cities and suburbs, is that when the Northern Goshawks started to follow?!

No comments:

Post a Comment