Sunday, April 1, 2018

Hawks not in migration

 This blog is about raptors in flight yet not in migration. It is about raptors on their home base, where they breed and are hatched, and where they migrate even if it is only for ten miles. Please understand, I have never observed a goshawk (NG) nest and I have never observed a NG take prey but I have observed NG carrying prey, more on that later. Yet, I do believe that no person knows more of NG migration, habitat, and distribution that what I know. The raptors I am familiar with are from the East and from Puget Sound. I will concentrate mainly on accipiters, yet little on Sharp- shinned Hawks, as I do know the sharpie as they are in migration, but not how they behave in their home base. Generally a raptor will have two home bases, as I have stated. Next I will talk more about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment